Thursday, November 30, 2006

Giving thanks and dropping bombs

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. It wasn't 100% raw, but progress was made in that direction. And my secret plot worked!

What was my secret plot, you ask?

I made a raw pumpkin pie, a raw pecan pie, and raw macadamia cream topping.

I served up slices of each, along with dollops of the topping, to my very-traditional-meat-and-potatoes-man father.

After receiving sufficient "mmm"s and other such responses from him affirming the deliciousness thereof, I informed him that they were raw - and dropped the bomb that I've been eating a high raw diet for nearly six months now!

And he was actually impressed and intrigued!! WOW!!! Who knew that "coming out of the raw food closet" to such a skeptic would be so effortless??

If you have your own stories about "coming out," please share - I'd love to hear them!

1 Comments:

At 12/01/2006 12:02:00 AM, Blogger jjcups said...

Wow! What a great story. My family thinks I'm nuts for being vegan, let alone wanting to be raw.

I'm glad you have your family's support. It's important and it'll make the transition easier.

Warmly,
Jennifer

PS I responded to your comment and it bounced back to me so I answered wihin my own comments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home